Supplying local people with the freshest fruit and veg since the 1940’s
Whites of Earls Barton (formerly Whites Nurseries) began as a small business established by Philip White in the 1940’s. He set up his business in a greenhouse behind the family home in West Street, Earls Barton, a village just outside Northampton. The business includes a Farm Shop selling fruit and veg, with butchers and deli, dairy produce, fresh cut flowers, garden and house plants, local ales and cider, artisan drinks and wines, local eggs, honey and ice cream, fresh bread, oils and preserves, logs, coal and kindling and much more.
Take some rest and relaxation in our Kitchen Cafe where you can enjoy specialty coffee, refreshments, and sweet and savoury treats.
We look forward to warmly welcoming all customers, old and new.
Whites of Earls Barton (formerly Whites Nurseries) began as a small business established by Philip White in the 1940’s. He set up his business in a greenhouse behind the family home in West Street, Earls Barton, a village just outside Northampton.
With Philip’s hard work it soon developed into a successful local business selling fruit and vegetables to local people and businesses. As the company grew, it became too big for the back garden and Philip moved to Doddington Road in the village.
With a large number of purpose-built greenhouses, Philip was able to grow and supply most of the fresh salad in the area. Every week, produce was grown and sold at local markets, and many Earls Barton locals worked in the nurseries at some point, helping Philip with his day-to-day duties.
When Philip’s son Michael was old enough he only had one ambition: to follow in his father’s footsteps. He took over the business and in the early 1980’s moved to Clay Lane in Earls Barton where polythene tunnels were built and the company growth continued.
Today, the business is run by Michael’s sons, James and Edward, who plan to keep it growing so that they can hand it on to the next generation of the White family.